Torah ark curtains
We work exclusively with the oldest and finest manufacturer of Judaica embroidery in Israel. They opened their doors as a small storefront in Jerusalem in 1929 and today the 3rd generation continues the tradition of excellence. In addition to Torah ark curtains, our Judaica embroidery collections include Torah covers
/ mantles, bein gavra, tefillin bags, bimah covers, amud covers, velvet sefer Torah cases, megillah covers and navi covers.
All styles of our Judaica embroidery can be used to make matching embroidery for your shul, synagogue. Choose the same style and color for your parochet, Torah covers, bein gavra, bimah cover and amud cover for uniform synagogue decor.
How to order a parochet - paroches ( Torah ark curtain)
You can choose one of the paroches, Torah ark curtain, designs shown, mix 'n match text, designs or trims from among these designs, change any part of the designs with your own text or design. or create your own totally new paroches design!
- For the height, measure from the center of the rod to the floor or where you want the parochet to reach to. If you are taking measurements from an existing parochet please measure from the top of the rings to the bottom of the fringes.
- Measure the width of the Ark, or the width that you would like. If measuring from an existing paroches let us know the width of that.
- Will the parochet hang from a wood rod? If so, do you want us to put on wood rings or prepare the top for you to attach your own rings, in which case please provide details?
- Our wood rings have a diameter of 2.8cm. They are available in natural wood or cherry color. If you need a different diameter then let us know
- If your paroches will hang from a metal rod let us know if it is a round rod, a standard curtain rod, or a traverse rod. A traverse rod is a rod that houses plastic carriers into which drapery pins are hooked. The paroches attaches to these hooks and is opened either with a drawstring or by hand.
- Will the parochet be one solid piece that opens to the right or left or will it be 2 pieces that opens from the center?
- Choose a color for your material: white, creme, green, black, dark blue, royal, red, wine, brown, and more.
- Choose a color for the embroidery: gold, silver, both, and/or any color or color scheme of your choice.
- Send us your dedication and choose a color for the letters: gold, silver or any color.
- Do you need a valance? Text and/or a design can be embroidered on any of the valance options. There are many valance shape options and trims.
- We offer 3 valance options:
- A separate valance that is attached to its own rod. This valance will remain immobile when the parochet is opened.
- A valance that shares the same rod as the paroches. This is a piece of material, which is sewn, at the top, onto the actual paroches. This valance will open when the Torah ark curtain is opened.
- A false valance that is actually the top of the parochet. It looks like a valance due to a trim that is typically attached around 12"-16" from the top. This is the most economical option as it gives the appearance of a valance without any additional velvet.